Tuesday, March 21, 2006

LOS PLANOS SYRAH - 2003


I keep promising myself I am going to write about some California wines, but here I am again back to Spain. The quality and value coming out of Spain is really just amazing. I always tended to categorize Spanish wine as "not for me." I guess I've just been somewhat closed minded in the past, but now I'm discovering new exciting wines from this country on a regular basis.

TASTING NOTES:

I bought this bottle of Los Planos Syrah for $7.99 from
winelibrary.com (which is my favorite site to buy wine from) and it tastes like a Fess Parker Reserve or Ojai that costs $30. It doesn't have the finish that some of these bigger wines do, but it is so loaded with blueberry and blackberry that it's like a homemade pie in a glass.

SCORE & RECOMMENDATION:

91 PTS
All the gorgeous and delicious characteristics of a California syrah, without the big price tag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home