Friday, November 10, 2006

ELIAS MORA TORO - 2003

TASTING NOTES:

Bright, fruit bomb with dark red color, sweet berries, blueberry and orange citrus. There's plenty of zesty, lively acidity and a delightful sour cherry finish. Amazing fruitiness that is like drinking a fruit salad.

SCORE & RECOMMENDATION:

90 PTS
Wonderful New World wine with flavors best described as biting into a blueberry bagel and then chasing it with a glass of fresh orange juice. I like this wine a lot. Delicious Tempranillo with 14% alcohol that is well integrated. Sweet yet dry. A solid buy at around $18 a bottle.

2 Comments:

  • Let me apologyze for the dealy in posting something here: I live in Rome for tow months and it's really difficult to me to attend all my favourite enolinkks! I absolutely agree with your oppinion about this Elias Mora. Being at the middle of the "chain" of the Elias Mora family, this wine is, in muy humble oppinion, the purest expression (at a really "strong" and competitive prize) of the "tinta de Toro" grape. Most recently, I have also written a commentary on it.
    Cheers!
    Joan
    PS. I return to Barcelona in 15 days and I hope, at that time, to be able to daily follow you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, November 18, 2006 12:18:00 PM  

  • I like wine is so delicious that's because I follow this post !

    By Anonymous pharmacy, at Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home