Monday, February 19, 2007

MONCHHOF ESTATE RIESLING - 2005

Robert Eymael Estate Riesling from Germany with 9.5% alcohol from Mosel-Saar-Ruwer.

TASTING NOTES:

Extremely poor color that resembles clear lemon juice. Bright acidity with apple, pear, citrus and vanilla. Sweet, yet dry on the finish. Delicious with a thirst quenching sweet-sourness.

SCORE & RECOMMENDATION:

90 PTS
So the color is weak, but the juice is divine! This is a really great Riesling with a nice flavor profile and mouthfeel. Retails around $12 making it even more attractive.

2 Comments:

  • the color really is weak. I drank this at my cousins house last night, i think it was really great!

    Wonderful post!
    Cheers,
    Ben

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, September 30, 2008 2:27:00 PM  

  • I LOVE this wine - it's my favorite and drink it every time I get a chance. It's a nice sweet (but not too sweet) riesling! I recommend this wine for everyone!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, July 24, 2009 5:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home