Thursday, January 26, 2012

BOTANI SIERRAS DE MALAGA MOSCATEL SECO - 2009

100% Moscatel de Alejandria.  13.5% alcohol. Made in Spain. A collaborative effort of Jorge Ordonez, his family and the Kracher family from Austria.


TASTING NOTES:


Fresh and crisp like an ocean breeze.  Pale yellow-green color with wonderful flavors and aromas of tropical fruits and flowers.  Deceptively dry, as it gives the illusion that it is a white with residual sugar.  Hints of orange, spice and minerality linger beneath the surface.


SCORE & RECOMMENDATION:


92+ PTS
I've been wanting to review this wine for awhile. I buy a bottle. I savor it and never really write down any tasting notes.  I'll review it when I open the next bottle I say to myself. And so the pattern repeats itself.  This is one of my favorite white wines of the year. Smooth, refreshing and pairs wonderfully with so many foods. Fruity and delicious for only $15.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home